The Grosvenor and Collins Street General Practices would like to thank our patients and the community over the last week as we have started to transition to a new structure of our clinics and consultations in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We would like to assure all of our patients that we can offer consultations, although these may be different to what we are all familiar with.
Our reception and nursing team will be triaging all consultations into 3 categories:
1. Telephone consultations
2. Respiratory clinic consultations
3. Standard general practice consultations
To assist with this triaging, reception or nursing staff will ask you several questions. It is vital that you answer these questions honestly. Your honesty will ensure we can organise you the most appropriate consultation that doesn’t put yourself, your family, other members of the community and our staff at increased risk.
You will receive a consultation from our doctors.
Please answer questions from our reception and nursing team honestly so we can organise your consultation.
Details of our consultations:
1. There are two telephone consultations available: Medicare funded consultations and Private fee consultations:
• Medicare funded (bulk billed) telephone consultations are available for these patients:
1. over the age of 70
2. people with a chronic health condition
3. indigenous people over the age of 50
4. pregnant women
5. parents with a child under the age of 12 months
• Private fee telephone consultations (these do not attract a Medicare rebate) are available on request for any patient not meeting the criteria listed above.
Standard Consultation – $50 Private – $25 Concession
Extended Consultation – $80 Private – $40 Concession
2. Respiratory clinic consultations. These are for patients who have a fever or any respiratory symptom (eg cough, runny nose, sore throat). The clinic has been established to minimise contact and exposure to potential covid-19 infection. This is to protect our patients and our staff. These clinics will be run in the afternoons at our Grosvenor Street site. There is a tent/marquee in the carpark at the back of the practice where you will wait.
A downstairs office room has been converted into a consulting space with minimal furniture and protective lining. It looks very different to what you are used to.
The doctor seeing you will be dressed in personal protective equipment, PPE.
3. Standard consultations in the practices will be offered for patients who do not have fever or respiratory symptoms. It is vital that you report any fever or respiratory symptoms to staff before entering the practice. Not doing so puts all patients in the practice at the time and staff at risk.
Once again thankyou for working with us as well all do our best to minimise the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.